I have carried out a full risk assessment and adhere to COVID-19 guidelines produced by the government and my professional associations, the Federation of Holistic Therapists (FHT) and the Institute of Sport and Remedial Massage (ISRM).
As your Therapist, I will always ….
- Check I am in good health before your arrive for treatment. This includes using Lateral Flow Tests when available.
- Maintain social distancing as much as possible outside hands on time.
- Increase hand washing and use of hand sanitiser
- Follow current guidelines on the use of personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Wash porous materials, eg couch cover and towels at 600C
- Replace couch roll and other disposable materials
- Ventilate the treatment room and reception area
- Change my uniform if needed
- Wear durable, disposable gloves when cleaning the premises
- Provide extra controls for clients in a High Risk (Extremely Vulnerable) Group to make sure you are able to give informed consent for face-to-face treatments
Prior to your Appointment, I will ask you to …..
- Complete a Pre-Screening Questionnaire about COVID-19
- Complete a new Consultation Form if your details and goals have changed
- Contact me and re-schedule if you, or anyone in your household, have any symptoms of COVID-19, or have been asked to self-isolate
At your Appointment, I will ask you to…..
- Wear a face covering. If you are exempt, you are not obliged to disclose the reason for the exemption. Additional controls will include not working around neck or face, reduced treatment times and increased ventilation.
- Provide written informed consent if you are in a High Risk (Extremely Vulnerable) Group. This is to make sure have been explained, understood and been given the opportunity to ask any questions you may have about Poise’s Risk Assessment and Protocols to reduce the risk infection. This includes face-to-face treatment and its increased risk of COVID infection and its consequences.
- Arrive at your agreed appointment time to avoid coming into contact with other clients.
- Keep to social distancing before and after your hands on treatment.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me on 07985 265905 or email gail(Replace this parenthesis with the @ sign)poiseremedialmassage.com. This information may be updated in accordance with government policy and my professional association guidelines.