This policy outlines some of the key measure s I have taken to reduce the risk of spreading coronavirus (COVID-19). Please note the content may be subject to change.
Adhering to guidelines
Throughout the pandemic, I will be following guidelines issued by the government, NHS, other relevant authorities and my professional associations – the Federation of Holistic Therapists (FHT) and The Institute of Sport & Remedial Massage (ISRM) – regarding safe and hygienic practice and the use of any personal protective equipment (PPE).
COVID-19 Risk Assessment
I have carried out a full risk assessment, in line with guidance from the Health and Safety Executive (HSE), in order to:
- Identify what work activity or situations might cause transmission of the virus;
- Think about who could be at risk, in particular those considered to be in a High Risk Group;
- Decide how likely it is that someone could be exposed; and to
- Act to remove the activity or situation, or if this isn’t possible, control the risk
Prior to seeing any of my clients, I will be:
- Monitoring my own health and deferring treatments if I have COVID-19 or symptoms of COVID-19.
- Asking clients to complete a COVID-19 Pre-Screening Questionnaire to confimr whether they have COVID-19 symptoms or tested positive for COVID-19; have been contacted by the Test and Trace Team and asked to self-isolate (including whether required to self-isolate for travel abroad); are considered to be in the extremely vulnerable ‘At Risk’ Group; had a COVID vaccine within 48 hours of their scheduled appointment; been hospitalised or taking medication for COVID-19; have any residual symptoms or diagnosed with Post-COVID-19
- Asking my clients to call and cancel and defer treatment on the morning of their appointment if they have a temperature or other symptoms of COVID-19
- Checking with clients in the High Risk (clinically extremely vulnearble) Group to obtain written informed consent they have have been explained, have understood and been given satisfactory opportunities to ask questions about Poise’s Risk Assessment and Protocols to reduce the risk of infection. This includes questions about face-to-face treatments and its increased risk of COVID infection and its consequences.
Enhanced cleaning and hygiene measures
I have introduced enhanced cleaning and hygiene measures between clients, which includes steam cleaning and disinfecting any non-porous surfaces and therapy equipment, such as chairs and couches, and replacing any non-porous or single-use items, such as towels and couch roll. All laundry will be washed at 60°C. Strict personal hygiene measures will also be adhered to, including regular handwashing/sanitising. Hand sanitisers will be available to client use.
Adapting or restricting treatments
It may be necessary for me to adapt or restrict certain treatments, in order to reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19 and/or protect my clients’ health and safety. Any clients likely to be impacted will be advised as soon as possible.
Maintaining social distancing
Please note that while many treatments involve close contact, I will be observing social distancing measures wherever possible. This might include, for example, maintaining an appropriate distance during the consultation process, and when arriving and leaving for an appointment.
If a treatment is cancelled or deferred at short notice because my client has COVID-19 or has symptoms of COVID-19, any standard cancellation fees will be waived. The client will be asked to kindly confirm in writing that their appointment has been cancelled or deferred because they have COVID-19 or symptoms of COVID-19.
Payment for treatments
In order to avoid handling of cash, I would prefer if clients could pay for their treatment by card or in advance using bank transfer. My card reader will be hygienically cleaned after each use.
For more information…
I am happy to be contacted to discuss any aspect of your treatment during this time. Please contact me at 07985 265905 or gail(Replace this parenthesis with the @ sign)poiseremedialmassage.com
Name: Gail Hastilow (Poise Sport & Remedial Massage)
Revised Date: 8 April 2021