Hi , I’m Gail Hastilow, the founder and owner of Poise Sport & Remedial Massage. I work with people who are struggling with aches and pains such as back ache, shoulder or neck pain and stress.
Poise offers a complete solution to relieve the causes of aches and pains, through:
- Postural assessment : to identify poor movement patterns
- Muscle testing : to discover specific areas of pain
- Targeted deep-tissue massage : to restore function
- Rehabilitation : to maximise and speed recovery
I work with people who want to reduce or eliminate the impact of pain and stress. As a result, Poise typically works with people who want to find a solution to their pain, recover well and prevent further injury. Put simply, sports massage and remedial massage works.
Some of the common types of pain my clients have are:
- Acute or chronic lower back pain. Identified in the top 10 of the Global Burden of Disease (WHO, 2010), contributing to work-related sickness. Consequently, I work to identify the patterns of pain to improve mobility, reduce pain and strengthen muscles.
- Shoulder and neck pain. Often linked together and can certainly lead to poor sleep and headaches. For this reason, I work to mobilise the shoulder girdle and break the pain patterns that can form.
- Stress can have a number of causes, resulting in physical symptoms of insomnia and general muscle pain. As a result, I work to release muscle tension, which promotes relaxation to improve well-being and sleep patterns.
Therefore, if you are struggling with similar types of pain and want a solution, then claim your first free massage session. Come and see how sports massage and remedial massage can work for you.
What people have said about working with me:
“Gail has helped me recover from debilitating sciatica, whilst also managing my neck, shoulder and foot niggles and mobility. Her fantastic massage was coupled with excellent after care with her focused and planned exercise therapy. She offers a very calm and friendly atmosphere and wonderful smelling therapy oils. A must for anyone, problems or not” (Jane H)
“Gail is a brilliant practitioner. She is a true professional and can pinpoint where your problems are and treat them successfully”. (Beryl M)
“I go in feeling like a creaking old person and come out an hour later feeling ten years younger. I’ve always been hesitant about having a sports massage as I don’t do any sport and, therefore, assumed it was for muscular sporty types. It has helped me though”. (Nicole B)
Clinical Sport and Remedial Massage Therapist (BTEC Level 5)
London School of Sport & Remedial Massage, 2011.
Kenesio Taping Fundamentals and Advanced (KT1 & KT2)
Kinesio Taping Association, 2013
Anatomy Cadaver Study to look at the neck, shoulder, thigh, leg, ankle and common injuries
Thomas Myers & James Earl’s Anatomy Trains I & II
Introduction to Muscle Testing, NLSSM
How to Treat Low Back Pain
Cameron Reid Training, 2016
I am a member of the Institute of Sport and Remedial Massage (ISRM) and follow their Code of Ethics.
I am a member of the Federation of Holistic Therapies (FHT)
Professional Indemnity Insurance:
I hold a combined medical malpractice and public and products liability insurance for therapists with Hiscox Insurance Company Limited